you in mind
you in mind
As a patient with chronic pancreatitis (CP), you may have trouble getting all the nutrients you need from your diet. Supplements that support your specific needs may help.1,2
So what can you
do about it?
Your healthcare provider may have you take PERT (pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy) to replace the enzymes that your pancreas can no longer make.3,6 But even if you are taking PERT, you may also benefit from supplements by providing your body with the essential nutrients it needs.2,7–10
Supplements are complementary to PERT — supplements do not treat EPI but provide the additional nutrients you may need, like fat-soluble vitamins. Due to certain EPI challenges, your healthcare provider may recommend that you take a combination of PERT and supplements to optimize nutrition.2
Here are some specific
challenges you may face if you have EPI:
(A, D, E & K) deficiencies1
Good starts with nutritional supplements you can trust.
Every Pure Encapsulations® supplement is good from the inside out. Our products are designed with integrity, formulated with pure, premium ingredients of the highest quality, and backed by verifiable science.
These are supplements that say what they do and do what they say.
What makes us different isn’t just what goes into our supplements — what we leave out matters too. Our supplements are FREE FROM GMOs†, gluten, unnecessary additives, artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, and common allergens including wheat, eggs, peanuts and tree nuts. We offer supplements with the nutrients you need, and nothing else.
Our core foundational products may help support your nutritional needs with EPI
Not sure which supplements are right for you? These 3 core foundational products are the ones we most recommend since they contain the nutrients that people with EPI tend to need the most.*§
*Fat-soluble vitamin deficiencies occur in the following amounts in people with CP: vitamin A in 3–14.5%, vitamin D in 58–77.9%, vitamin E in 9–24%, and vitamin K in 13–63%.1
§Approximately 2 out of 3 people with CP have osteopenia or osteoporosis.1,10
Naturally supports calcium absorption and retention within bones to promote optimal bone health in an easy-to-use liquid form.‡Learn More Vitamin D3 liquid — 22.5 mL
This formula provides our Nutrient 950 without iron formula, enhanced with vitamin K1 and vitamin K2.‡Learn More Nutrient 950 with Vitamin K — 180s
1. Arvanitakis M, Ockenga J, Bezmarevic M, et al. Clin Nutr. 2020;39(3):612–631.
2. Ockenga J. HPB. 2009;11(s3):11–15.
3. Brennan GT, Saif MW. JOP. 2019;20(5):121–125.
4. Owens SR, Greenson JK. Histopathology. 2007;50(1):64–82.
5. Keller J, Layer P. Gut. 2005;54(6):1–28.
6. Somaraju UR, Solis-Moya A. Paediatr Respir Rev. 2015;16(2):108–109.
7. Chaudhary A, Domínguez-Muñoz JE, Layer P, et al. Dig Dis. 2020;38(1):53–68.
8. Domínguez-Muñoz JE, Iglesias-García J. JOP. 2010;11(2):158-162.
9. Domínguez–Muñoz JE, Iglesias–García J, Vilariño–Insua M, et al. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;5(4):484–488.
10. Löhr JM, Dominguez-Munoz E, Rosendahl J, et al. United European Gastroenterol J. 2017;5(2):153–199.
11. Vujasinovic M, Hedström A, Maisonneuve P, et al. World J Gastroenterol. 2019;25(5):600–607.
12. Girish BN, Rajesh G, Vaidyanathan K, et al. JOP. 2009;10(6):651–656.
13. Magnesium Fact Sheet for Health Professionals. National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements. March 24, 2020. Accessed June 25, 2020. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/magnesium-HealthProfessional/
14. Alkaade S, Vareedayah AA. Am J Manag Care. 2017; 23(12):S203-S209.
15. Zeman M, Macášek J, Burda M, et al. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2016;108:38–44.